Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European leather upholstery pictures. Any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: European leather upholstery pictures. Any help?

Hello everybody. I recently acquired an silver hawk 1957 V8, apparently of European origin and I need pictures of the upholstery to make the restoration. I appreciate any photo that I can.
    Luiz Felipe Silva
    Porto Alegre - Brasil

1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
    1959 Renault Floride
    1967 Ford Galaxie 500
    1969 Puma GT 1500
    1971 Puma GTE 1600

Studebakers were shipped to other countries "CKD"[completely knocked down]-basically bare shells,some without paint,some without upholstery,. in that way,factories or workers in those countries could supply their own materials and supplies. Your car could possibly have had the one and only interior of it's kind,so it is doubtful anyone in the U.S. would have pictures.
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Hello Luis,
      Welcome to the forum.
      If your car was assembled in Belgium, you should check the data at D'Iteren's (catherine.rommelaere@dieteren.be). They kept comprehensive records of all the cars they built. As said previously, interior trim for CKD cars was local business but, in my case (63GT), they issued a brochure with body and interior colors. They may have one for 1957 models.
      sigpic

Comment

Christophe, I was hoping you would post on this knowing that you are very familiar with D'Iteren. Thank you!
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
          Christophe, I was hoping you would post on this knowing that you are very familiar with D'Iteren. Thank you!
          You're welcome Dwain. Any news about the Flight Hawk Hardtop? By the way I got some pictures of it if you are interested.
          sigpic

Comment

No, I haven't heard anymore from him, but he did attach a photo of the car in his email.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
            X