No announcement yet.

curb weight of 40 Champion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame / Springs: curb weight of 40 Champion?

I'd like to build a trailer for our 40 Champion, 2G 4 dr. but need to know the weight of this car before starting such a project. None of my manuals list the weight of ol' Betsy, does anyone know where I can get access to such numbers?

Originally posted by studeluvr View Post
    I'd like to build a trailer for our 40 Champion, 2G 4 dr. but need to know the weight of this car before starting such a project. None of my manuals list the weight of ol' Betsy, does anyone know where I can get access to such numbers?
    Welp after I woke up and used my head and remembered carnut.com, they had the answer I was looking for. 2290/ 2415 I'm assuming the first number is empty of consumables and the second would be full of fluids. You can anything on the internet ain't it grand!

Comment

Those weights listed were probably the lightest model to the heaviest model ( two door coupe to four door sedan for example). It just listed 1940 Champion, not body style.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
        Those weights listed were probably the lightest model to the heaviest model ( two door coupe to four door sedan for example). It just listed 1940 Champion, not body style.
        You're right I just checked it out. I guess getting on the computer at about 5 am before coffee is a bad idea. thanks for the input.

Comment

Those are the exact shipping weights shown in Service letter #272. 2290 for a coupe, 2415 for a Deluxe Cruising sedan. Custom Cruising sedan, 2360. Club sedans: Custom 2360 and Deluxe 2385. Add 45 lbs. for overdrive, 30 lbs. for Climatizer, 15 lbs. for radio. Actual curb weight will probably be about 100 lbs. more.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
          X