Electronic Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition: Electronic Ignition

Does someone know where I can get an Electronic ignition for my 1963 lark six?

Thanks,
    Troy NYHUS

Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker or most of the Studebaker Vendors in your Monthly Turning Wheels Magazine and at: studebakervendors.com
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you! I am really having a hard time getting my motor to run properly. It seems to eat points and coils.

Comment

Check the resistance in the Pink wire from the Dist. to the "IGN" Terminal of the Ignition Switch, or a stand alone Ceramic Resister that may have been installed to replace the factory wire. The Voltage can also be checked at 8-10 Volts, Ign. on. The "Start" mode gives 12-13 Volts by bypassing the resister.

If it will not run properly with properly set points and a good Condenser an Electronic Ignition System will not help.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

We have a 63 Lark 6 cylinder and I intalled a petronix conversion kit that works like a charm. You may have to have your timing reset afterwards.
          Just do a Waydon search in the tecnical forum as about three years ago , posted the part number. It is a good idea to make surer your hot wires are in good shape also.....Hope this helps...Waydon

Comment

Originally posted by TroyN View Post
            It seems to eat points and coils.
            Have you checked to see if you have a Ballast resistor and the right kind of coil? Either one of those being wrong will 'eat points and coils"....
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
            X