C cab inside door handle mechanism problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: C cab inside door handle mechanism problem

I thought I was about ready to go then I found that the detent springs that hold the handle/arm link in the lock, or not locked, position were broken in both handle mechanisms. This allows the handle to easily flop to the lock position. It naturally wants to go there. I can't use it this way or I might get locked out. Temporarily, I could maybe position the handle so its weight keeps the arm from moving to the lock position, but this would be a sort of awkward use position.

Has anybody encountered this and figured out how to fix it? I don't have a clue where to get the springs that make the detent work as designed. The truck is a 1950 2R5.

Thanks
    Norm

I responded to this question on the Stude Truck Talk site. Unless someone rebuilds them, I think you need to buy new remote controls. As far as I can tell, the springs are not available alone.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Should be lots of those around from Studebaker parts vendors. I know we have quite a few of them that fit various applications, if you can put a part number up that would help. Might try the guys at Northwest Studebaker in your state.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
      X