C&K Cowl Seal - placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: C&K Cowl Seal - placement

This title has come up several times but oddly this particular question has not been asked.. As for the fitment. If you line it up so the replacement nail holds it down, one would have about a 1/4" gap between the seal and the cowl lip on the windshield side. The when the hood is closed you see only a partial seal and if it's not absolutely straight it looks horrible.
    If you but it up against the body lip there on the cowl the you have this bubbly grey seal sticking out at you.. and it's too far from the hole to stick back in that special nail.. But then the hood fits in the grove just right.
    Not sure how it was to be. Having a really dark colored car it stands out either way. My hood is aligned correctly so I could do without it but my guess it keeps teh water channeled on the backside down to the fenders..
    Do you butt the seal on end to the fenders as well or leave a gap??

Thanks!

Cut it off just a hair over and wedge it down in there. Glue it forward to the cowl lip, centering the screw-nails on the ends. If you glue it back, not only will it look goofy, it will retain dirt and moisture and lead to cowl rot.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
    X