Oil Pressure guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Oil Pressure guage

Studebaker used the right rear cylinder head on V-8 engines for the line leading to the oil pressure guage but I was wondering if anyone had done research on the pressure difference between that location & the left front area on the head. Its the same location as far as the head goes but how much pressure loss would one expect based on a tight engine with no clearance problems.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

I have run a guage on every port in a Stude head (and a few other odd places) at one time or another.
    The pressure read the same out of all of them, or was so close it didn't matter.
    Did notice that the 'rate' of increase was a tad faster in the rear than in the front, but it was hard to see any real difference.
    Engine looked stupid with 4 oil pressure gauges hooked up at one time...
    Inquiring minds want to know

Jeff

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
    Studebaker used the right rear cylinder head on V-8 engines for the line leading to the oil pressure guage but I was wondering if anyone had done research on the pressure difference between that location & the left front area on the head. Its the same location as far as the head goes but how much pressure loss would one expect based on a tight engine with no clearance problems.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks Jeff! I kind of figured you would be the one to know....LOL I just wanted to be sure in case it wouldn't be the same & I would then form a false conclusion.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
      X