Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Rear window U channels with rear vent window--how long? 5 feet should be enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Question: Rear window U channels with rear vent window--how long? 5 feet should be enough.

I have replaced the window U-channels on two 4-dr Lark Cruisers. The rear doors contain the vent window. I also have a 57 President Classic, which also has the rear door vent window. The S.I. Catalog lists 800505 as a 5 foot length of U-channel, enough for one rear door on a 63-66 Lark 4-door sedan. It also lists 800504 "for use on rear doors of 1942 Land Cruiser.....As well as all Sedans & Wagons through 1962 front doors and rear doors on all with rear door vent window." That should also apply to the Presidents, Clipper, and probably also to the 1947-52 Land Cruisers, right? My President has the shiny chrome or stainless steel bead on both edges of the U-channel, and I have received U-channels both with and without the metal edges at various times from the 1970's to now from S.I. and Myers Studebaker. What is the difference between 800504 and 800505 U-channel? Does anyone know for sure?

Last edited by jnfweber; 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM.
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana
Working...
X