Vent window: K body vs '51-52 Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Vent window: K body vs '51-52 Convertible

I did not want to hijack 5Brown1's thread, but after studying his great picture very carefully, I am even more struck by how similar the vent windows are.
    Which leads me to question: Could I use early K vent window rubber in my '51?

Has anyone done this, or measured both windows? I thought I looked up part numbers a few years ago and found them to be different. But the dang picture makes me think that the difference would be very slight, perhaps slight enough to be modified to fit.

Is this also a problem for '52 hardtops?

Well, yes and no! My 52 Commander has the same vent windows as yours. You will need 2 sets of the Hawk seals. Since they (Hawks & Ours) are different, you need to use part of each of the 2 seals, and those seals are not cheap!! But, it can be done.

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

So, I need to buy 4 seals for two windows? Which parts do I use and which do I throw away?

Since the only source I've found so far is $400 / vent, this still may be advantageous.

Comment

Working...
      X