No announcement yet.

56 Champion 4 door door rubbers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 56 Champion 4 door door rubbers??

Hi, I have recently bought my 56 Champion and am new to Studebakers, it has no door rubbers whatsover and am finding it difficult to find the right shape? as i have no bits to show the door rubber guy im finding it tough. can anybody photograph or show me an end on shot of door rubbers please???
    Thanks

Can I suggest you contact Studebaker International in Indiana USA www.studebaker-intl.com as they have all the items you require. They show that (f) consists of Around door seal , sill seal and door corner seal. (r) around door seal and sill seal. Suggest you contact Jim Lime (Office Manager) jim@studebaker-intl.com and he will assist you. Better to get the gear available than reinventing the wheel, all the best with your car.

Prices are reasonable - around door seals $US36 pr, sill seals $US15 a pr and door corner seals $US22 a pr (front only)
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

www.studebakerparts.com also have all the rubbers.

Comment

JAZY56
        Studebaker International has a complete kit of all the rubber parts including the windshield and rear window seal or without or you can buy all the individual pieces separate. I am in the process of restoring a 56 Champion myself. Frame off. I got all the new rubber including vent window seals, cat whiskers, channels, trunk seal, etc, etc. from them.
        As you are probably aware the door rubber does not actually go on the doors but in a channel on the door posts and sills.
        The only rubber not in their kit is the rubber around the ducts for the vents between the front fenders and the body on each side.
        By the way does it have a trunk mat. I am looking for a picture of one as I am getting some reproduced and had to guess at the exact shape around the front. Enjoy your Champion. How about a picture?
        Nick

Comment

Side note here: all 1955 1/2 to 1962 4 door Studebaker sedans and Champ pickups along with 1957-58 Packard 4 door sedans (not wagons) used the same rubbers for the front doors I believe.
          Last edited by 1962larksedan; 10-27-2012, 08:04 PM.
          --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

You really need to buy the chassis and body parts manuals. They have illustrations of all the parts, how the parts go together, and the part numbers for the parts so that you can communicate with the vendors.

Additionally, the Studebaker International catalog has reprinted a number of illustrations from these manuals along with the part numbers that they sell.

It's really a small investment that will pay a large dividend in averting potential mistakes that will not work properly and could even damage the value of your car.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Yeah cheers njonkman .....sorry no boot mat, this was a shed find and has been lowererd and fitted with a 350 Chev/powerglide and Mustang 8.8 diff, first Stude I have owned and in NZ the 56 is fairly rare as its new New Zealand and is RH drive, I know of only 2 here. Its in pretty good solid cond and am very happy.....it has character, i have a lot of work to do but thats cool. Phil
              Click image for larger version

Name:	RIMG0140.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1675940Click image for larger version

Name:	RIMG0141.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1675941Click image for larger version

Name:	RIMG0143.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1675942Click image for larger version

Name:	RIMG0148.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1675943

Comment

Sweet ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Nox View Post
                  Sweet ride!
                  Cheers!!.its kinda cool

Comment

Yep! & sure loads cooler than whatever stuff other folx drive, like what's in the background on one of the pix, blame the neighbors for parking so close!
                    Last edited by Noxnabaker; 11-03-2012, 12:56 AM.

Comment

1956 champion

hello , this 56 looks like my old car from when i lived in Invercargill ,New Zealand, back in the 1970s, i restored it to original , same colour scheme , had the flathead six , sold it to a car dealer for $700 , he then sold it to a guy from Gore who fitted a chevy motor.
                      if you need any parts contact the stude club in Christchurch , they have a good stock and are very helpfull in getting parts , i have some old photos of several 1956 champions in NZ , there are still some around . cheers from roger
                      R.A.Jennings

Comment

Originally posted by studevic View Post
                        hello , this 56 looks like my old car from when i lived in Invercargill ,New Zealand, back in the 1970s, i restored it to original , same colour scheme , had the flathead six , sold it to a car dealer for $700 , he then sold it to a guy from Gore who fitted a chevy motor.
                        if you need any parts contact the stude club in Christchurch , they have a good stock and are very helpfull in getting parts , i have some old photos of several 1956 champions in NZ , there are still some around . cheers from roger
                        Hi Roger, yip I have just joined the Studebaker drivers club in CHCH and am about to organise some bits, I am trying to trace the history of MY 56 in NZ and any info would be helpful, she hasnt been looked after too well for a few years now and have a bit of work to do but am looking forward to it as shes a solid ole girl with good bones. If you have any old photos with rego plate or info please send them to me at brench@xtra.co.nz, I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks
                        Phil

Comment

Working...
                        X