GT Hawk Window Channel Liner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: GT Hawk Window Channel Liner

May I have some input on the installation of p/n 304181 on the front edge of the door window. The part from SI is a little different than what came on the window. The new part has a tab on the end that can be bent to help secure the channel. Is the tab to be installed on the top or bottom? The channel removed has no tab. The photo below shows the tab toward the top of the window.

Thanks for the input.
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champion
    \'50 Starlight Champion
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Bump up in visibility
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champion
    \'50 Starlight Champion
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Is this the fuzzy strip that goes onto the leading edge of the window and fits into the vent window rear frame?

I think I put mine on my '53 (same part) with that tab down, but not sure it matters much. The top of the frame is supposed to hit a rubber bumper stop so reasoned that tab would be in the way and may not allow the window to go all the way up. You have to crimp it on so it wraps tightly around the "core" of the window frame. I was paranoid it would come loose so I put a small bead of clear silicone on the window frame before I slid this part on. Basically it will glue it in place from possibly sliding. I used some of those large 5" wide "duckbill" type welding vice grip pliers to do the crimping so it would be done more evenly than if using a regular pliers.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Thanks for the input Jeff. Yes it is on the leading edge of the window. As this photo indicates, there are a couple open areas in the "core" of the frame to allow a deeper crimp. Some silicone will also help.

Perry
        \'50 Business Champion
        \'50 Starlight Champion
        \'60 Lark Convertible,
        \'63 GT R1,
        \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Working...
        X