64 hawk body question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 64 hawk body question

The lower door hinge pocket on my Hawk is rusted out, the door has no support at the bottom. My question is, what sheet metal parts am I looking for?, is it Pillar Base Supports or cowl side panels or both. What ever was there is so rusted I can't tell what needs to be replaced.

You are looking for a lower hinge piller, Find a "donor" car and get enough of it so you can cut and trim what you need.

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

As a follow up question, SI shows a left cowl side panel part #310253 for my Hawk. The picture looks like what I need. Is this panel the same as a door hinge panel and will this keep me from finding a donor car for the part I need?

Comment

Classic Enterprises has a pillar base support for C-K cars for $35 USD

Comment

That would be it. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Thanks to all. Onward I go.

Comment

I used all the Classic Enterprises pillar to frame supports and every other support they offered for my car. Tightest Studie I've ever driven. Doors close right and stay closed. Well worth the effort. Good Luck.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I'm glad I didn't need them. cheers jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                  I'm glad I didn't need them. cheers jimmijim
                  Wish I didn't.

Comment

stiffen that door

classic enterprise 715-537-5422 I think they are still in business.they callit Under Floor Frame to Body Brace improve door fit and make your stude feel solid It is is a 98 turning wheel just 1st 1 I pulled of shelf. Good luck, Just goggle Classic Enterprise their catalog is on line. I think you will find what you need.
                    Last edited by K-Hawk; 09-14-2012, 03:59 AM. Reason: added location of catalog after I checked

Comment

Working...
                    X