A/C sight glass leaking- need replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: A/C sight glass leaking- need replacement

I retrofitted my factory A/C on my 62 GT and when recharging I found the sight glass has a major leak.

I tried tightening the fittings but no help.

Where can I get a replacement- I searched but can't find one.

Which site glass is leaking? There is one on the back of the evaporator unit, one under the dryer at the front of the car and one at the top of the evaporator. it seems that this is a one size fits all unit, and was designed to fit several cars. Ask me how long it took to figure out about the one under the dryer.

Comment

Mine is in the line connected to the dryer but not under it- it is mounted vertical beside the dryer.

Comment

Try a commercial refrigeration supply co., they should have something like that.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

All fixed and blowing cold! The glass part of the sight window was leaking so I mig welded all the sight holes in the metal casing shut and installed it and it worked.

Comment

I went for a 50 mile old cruise on Saturday and it was 95 degrees outside but it was freezing inside the old Stude. I was amazed at how cold that 50 year old ac unit worked. All I did was change the fittings and recharge with R134 and it cost less than $50.

Comment

Working...
            X