C-Cab and "vintage air" air conditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: C-Cab and "vintage air" air conditioning

Just received a the vintage air air conditioning set up for my 57 c cab pick up. There is no way the compressor bracket will work with the truck water manifold. It looks like it will work perfectly with the car water manifold. Anyone have experience with this?
    Larry
    Larry Y
    North Wales, PA

Ask over at the truck forum ,w.w.w.network54.com, Those guys know everything it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by larryyano View Post
      Just received a the vintage air air conditioning set up for my 57 c cab pick up. There is no way the compressor bracket will work with the truck water manifold. It looks like it will work perfectly with the car water manifold. Anyone have experience with this?
      Larry
      I would contact Vintage Air. They may not be aware that the water manifolds are different. I think that VA would make a proper part that fits for you.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I would guess it will be easier to change the water pump over than hope that VA will provide a modified bracket.
        Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        58 C Cab
        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

What specifically, is incompatible with the truck manifold? I recently installed one of VA's compressor mounts on a GT, and cannot recall, or see today, anything that would prohibit it's fitting onto a truck manifold. Unless there is something I am not recalling about a truck manifold.
          Joe

Comment

Truck manifolds have the water pump located a few inches higher up than a car manifold, so that the fan is in the right location relative to the radiator.

Nice to hear from you Larry. Still bringing the Packard Hawk to South Bend?

Comment

V-8 truck and car water manifolds are different

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              Truck manifolds have the water pump located a few inches higher up than a car manifold, so that the fan is in the right location relative to the radiator.

Nice to hear from you Larry. Still bringing the Packard Hawk to South Bend?
              Matthew is right. There is a big difference. Vintage air wasn't aware of this until recently and they do not have a bracket to address the differences. they got back to me last night and said the units they've sold in the past were for 6 cylinder trucks and there were no issues. Their engineers are working on a new bracket for the truck V-8's. The people there are very nice and quick to respond. The quality is excellent.
              And yes we are bringing the Packard Hawk to South bend. I can't wait. I'm ready for a vacation.
              Larry Y
              North Wales, PA

Comment

Working...
              X