No announcement yet.

THE answer for removing undercoating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: THE answer for removing undercoating.

Not long ago, we had a thread about various ways to remove undercoating from a car body. I used one of these yesterday, and it takes the cake: http://www.princessauto.com/pal/cate...0-105/Scrapers

Basically, the compressed air does all the work; you just guide it. It's very fast, and nearly effortless. The air exhaust blows the chips away. I'd recommend using padded gloves or chainsaw gloves while using this tool, as it transfers a lot of vibration to your hands. The blade scarcely has any visible stroke at all, and you can hold the blade while it is operating with no difficulty. A safe tool, in that respect.

First thing I did when I took it out of the box was to fire up the bench grinder, and slightly round the corners of the 1" chisel bit in the chuck, so the corners wouldn't dig into the metal.

All I can say, is that using this tool beats any other method of undercoating removal I have ever tried, hands-down.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Not a bad price either. $49.99--Should save a lot of labor and time. Harbor Freight will probably come out with one real cheap right after I get one at full retail.

Comment

Since my 27 has a lot of wood in it, I've used this one for scraping as well as cutting wood in tight spaces. Works well. I got it on sale for $40 from KMS Tools.

Terry

Comment

I got mine at Harbor Freight. CASO price is $24.99.
        Amazing deals on this 6Pc Air Scraper Kit at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.
        Gary Ash
        Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
        ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
        '48 M5
        '65 Wagonaire Commander
        '63 Wagonaire Standard
        web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Working...
        X