water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: water pump

i have a 56 hawk with a diffent engine in it trying to find the compleat water pump manifold for it but dont know which one to get its got the four bolt thermostate houseing on top also four bolts that hold it to the engine also four bolts to replace just the pump it self engine number ps1133 also number on the left on the block number 535601 head cast number is 537976 aiso has a 4bbl intake any information is very useful thanks again

I believe any V8 manifold will fit - late will change the thermostat and hose routing but all the manifold mounting bolts to the motor are the same AFAIK.

Comment

I believe any V8 manifold will fit.
      Any V8 manifold will bolt up, but IIRC, a truck water manifold will place the fan too high to use in a car.
      PackardV8

Comment

Kenny,

I may have either or both of those water pump manifolds as well as a new water pump to go with it. Where in GA are you?? I'm northeast of Atlanta, off of I85. Let me know.

Dan Miller
        Auburn GA

Comment

Make sure you get a '55 or later water manifold. The '51 to '54 232 manifold will not clear the cast timing cover. A later one will fit a 232, but not the other way.
          Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Is the engine still Supercharged? You may want a HD pump.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
              Is the engine still Supercharged? You may want a HD pump.
              He has a 1956 Golden Hawk with a 1957 Golden Hawk engine that is not currently supercharged.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yes Gary, I know a PS ser # engine block off the top of my head thats why I asked (when no one else did). I am not your local FLAPS, thats why I asked. Sorry no emicon for the 'bird'

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
                  Yes Gary, I know a PS ser # engine block off the top of my head thats why I asked (when no one else did). I am not your local FLAPS, thats why I asked. Sorry no emicon for the 'bird'
                  I know that you knew that it is a 1957 Golden Hawk engine. I thought that you didn't know that it was installed in a 1956 Golden Hawk without its supercharger.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X