Radiator sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Radiator sizes

Sometimes things just won't go right!!! I have the new engine sitting in the 62 Hawk. We have cranked it and it sounds awesome!!! I can feel the power!!! But the gremlins are hard at work. When we filled the radiator with water, we found a rather large leak has shown up. Not sure how it got there, but its there!! Brought it to several Radiator Shops around town and they all say the radiator is shot and needs to be recored. So I have decided to purchase a new aluminum radiator from Brice Thomas Radiator per the thread on this forum. I spoke to Chris and these folks are awesome. I have sent him the measurements for the Hawk and they are going to fabricate a new one!!! I'm excited about the new radiator.

My problem is I can't wait for the new radiator!!! It's driving me crazy not to be able to drive the Hawk. Which brings me to my question. I have the radiator for my 1963 Champ Pickup with 259 V-8 that I am in the process of converting to a 700R4 transmission, but it's several miles away from my home and I can't check it. Will this radiator fit into the 1962 Hawk with 289 V-8? At least I can drive the Hawk until the new radiator gets here!!
    Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Since nobody else has responded, I will. Unless it is a very long way to pick up the other radiator, it is worth the drive to go pick it up, bring it home and try it. I am gonna bet the lower hose spigot may be a little more inboard, like a Lark, but it will still fit.
    Let us know please.
    Joe H

Comment

How big is the leak? If it is small put a small can of black pepper in it and use it I bet it stops leaking.

Comment

Working...
      X