Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agree or Disagree~~~here we are in 2012 and the most Modern looking Studebaker is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree or Disagree~~~here we are in 2012 and the most Modern looking Studebaker is...

The Zip Van

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
    The Zip Van
    WOW!!

That must have been one h@ll of a saturday evening party.

I'm partial to Avanti's but who would know.

Bob

Comment

This has Avanti written all aover it.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Lark (as compared to a Chrysler 300 series)
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

IMHO the 53 Coupe still looks good today. It's swoopy, lithe lines compare well today to the block like style of say a Rolls-Royce; Look at the block like 53 Chevy next to the Studebaker coupe. I have a Speedster and love it but the 53 coupe was my favorite at 13 years old and still is today.
          Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

I'd say Avanti as well. Though today's swoopy styling on the modern cars does leave me very cold.
            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Agree with Chris. The Lark design got old but still is not obsolete (specailly 1963 imh), as compared with the new designs of 4 door sedans today
              Last edited by Ricardo; 03-11-2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

I have to agree with the 53-54 C/K . Not my favorite, but the most modern styling. Looks like they were shaped by the wind.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

I can see Lark type cars being ghetto-ized like Chrysler 300's or Kia Souls, Nissan Cube's...rubber band tires, big spinner wheels, etc. I certainly don't like that look at all, but can see the Lark models being ruined by that look.

Overall...and as biased as I am, the Avanti is the most modern looking Studebaker design. The design lends itself to updating...which Tom Kellogg did with the AVX and Avantis from 2001-2007. Again...I'm biased since I own a 2002.
                  Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I think just about every Chrysler product built today is using a Lark grille!! Even my 05 dakota looks like a Studebaker,and the grille is attached to the hood like a Hawk!-but still,Avanti is the answer in this thread.
                    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

To: 64V19816,---- Your probably right about the Zip-Van being the most contemporary. If the Post Office Dept. started to use the Studebaker Zip Van again today, it would blend right in with their other vehicles and
                      look as 'modern' as any of them.

Comment

Hands down, it's Avanti!

Update: OK, Disagree then!
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 03-11-2012, 11:23 PM.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

To: StudeRich,-------- Your not seeing it.......this is a trick question!!

Comment

Champ truck. But what do I know.

Comment

Stude car: Avanti.
                              Stude truck: Zip Van.

Personal prejudice here: I'm really developing a taste for the 1963 Lark 4 door; despite it having both curved as well as squarish lines, it come across as visually balanced.
                              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                              X