Access plate over master cylinder, 1947 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Access plate over master cylinder, 1947 Champion

Our 1947 Studebaker Champion has the usual round cover over the access hole in the car floor for the master cylinder. Is there a way to keep this from leaking when driving on a rainy day?

Bill Jarvis
    Last edited by Greenstude; 02-13-2012, 02:53 PM.
    Bill Jarvis

I know on the C/K there is a guard from the firewll to protect the MC. On a 47? Dunno.
    Last edited by warrlaw1; 02-13-2012, 12:32 PM.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

The water must get pretty deep in New Brunswick, eh? A 1947 Champion may have the same engine as a Weasel, but I don't think its supposed to float like one. My 1950 has the same round access cover, but I never noticed any leakage problems. Would some sort of rope caulk or plumber's putty help?
      John
      1950 Champion
      W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
      Holdrege NE

Comment

I never had a problem before... but I imagine a thin rope of "dum-dum" would do a good job, and wouldn't be of much hinderance in getting the cover pulled when needed.

Comment

Its all done with mirrors and lights. cheers jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Bill Jarvis

Comment

Get a rattle can of undercoating material, get the Champion up in the air and spray the underside of the cover and surrounding area.

Comment

Working...
              X