Engine Paint question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Engine Paint question

I have a 1963 Avanti R1 I have searched an unsuccesfully found the correct engine color for the engine I am in the process of restoring this vehicle and I would like to bring it back to completly original the engine is painted red right now. I am not sure if it is the correct engine color all I have found is engine colors for up to 1957. A paint code would be great or a place to buy it would be great I have looked at Studebaker Int., and studeparts.com with no luck and countless google searches I posted on here about a year ago and everyone on here was a great help. Any help would be greatly apreciated

Originally posted by lilscoot250 View Post
    I have a 1963 Avanti R1 I have searched an unsuccesfully found the correct engine color for the engine I am in the process of restoring this vehicle and I would like to bring it back to completly original the engine is painted red right now. I am not sure if it is the correct engine color all I have found is engine colors for up to 1957. A paint code would be great or a place to buy it would be great I have looked at Studebaker Int., and studeparts.com with no luck and countless google searches I posted on here about a year ago and everyone on here was a great help. Any help would be greatly apreciated
    On page 171 of S-I's new 2012 Catalog, they list "High Temperature Engine Enamel" in 12 oz. spray aerosol cans; their part number 800689, BLACK for 1963 & 1964 Avanti, $6.50 a can.

Hope this helps some!

Comment

ohh ok i overlooked that i was just looking at the quarts of paint not the aerosol cans thank you very much. For some reason the engine in mine is red its weird

Comment

Working...
      X