Got a question on a 62 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch / Torque Converter: Got a question on a 62 Hawk

Years ago I had to replace that spring metal flex plate located on clutch shaft. It is a 3 inch spring plate with a bearing if you will riveted on to it. It helps to support the shaft coming off of the clutch pedal.

If you know what I am referring too, where in the world do you find one? And does anyone sale reproduction ones?

I made my fix by taking one off of early sixties champ pickup and modified it to work.

Thanks
    Jim Kaufman

maybe you mean ... BRACKET, operating shaft support. They are on page 56 of the 59-64 chassis parts manual. There are six different pictures and they are different for three speeds with or without overdrive and 4 speeds, V-8 and six, sedan and Hawk.

the three speed one for a 62 V-8 Hawk is 1546228. The one for a 4 speed is 1539391.

I highly recommend buying a parts manual. They have pictures of every mechanical system in them. Much more useful than a shop manual IMO.

Studebakers west in Redwood City, CA (650 area code) and Studebaker International in South Bend Indiana are the biggest parts dealers. C and B might have a used one as well.
    Last edited by RadioRoy; 11-05-2011, 06:24 PM.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I think he is talking about the bracket that holds up one end of the clutch shaft outside of the bell housing. I've never needed one so I don't know who would have them.
      Ken

Comment

Yep, that was my thought too. Those are the part numbers I listed.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
        X