57 President, Diamond in the rough ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 President, Diamond in the rough ?

OK, fans, what should I be willing to pay for this sad wagon based on what resale value cleaned up and driving. I figure a grand to get there.

Automatic, 4 barrel, PS,PB, roof rack. Baseball sized rust hole in the bottom of the front fenders and rear quarters. Mildewed interior that might clean up like new. Not running in five years, but engine is free, will need brakes. 15 minutes from me. I'm dieing to see how it cleans up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1734228Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1734229Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1734230
    JDP Maryland

I want it!!
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

I love 57 Wagons of all varieties, but a President V8 sounds especially nice. Too bad I can't afford another 57

Comment

I'd offer about eight hundred.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
          I'd offer about eight hundred.
          That won't do it, $1500 might, and I'm on the fence at that figure.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

do the numbers......they never add up .....

Comment

Broadmoors are RARE - not that that means much. $1500 would be tops, considering.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                do the numbers......they never add up .....
                I don't expect to make a fortune on the wagon. but letting it sit under a tarp to rust away bothers me. It's only been outside a year, and feel its pain already. The pot metal is still nice, but it won't make it as its stored. I really think it will clean up, even the interior may come back.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

I knew that this would happen. I buy a '57 Provincial, and a nicer Broadmoor for less money that's closer to home becomes available.

Story of my life.

Buy it JP and I'll have the Provincial shipped to your place, you can play with it, and I'll have the Broadmoor shipped to me.

Really though. I don't think I can look at this thread again.
                  Last edited by mbstude; 10-26-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Do it buy it save it.

Comment

I really ought to stay out of this because I place a much higher value on '57s then most other folks. I understand you have to look at it from a flipper's view, but based on what little I can see here I think $1500 would be fair. In fact- I actually think it's worth a bit more, but that's just me and my opinion. As has been said- these are somewhat rare. The ones you do find are usually either trash or very nice. This car looks to be in the middle- maybe a tiny bit toward the low end- but it's not too far gone that it can't be saved!!! It's on the road to being trash if the right owner doesn't come along soon...
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Lol! "feel the force, luke. save the wagon from a lesser fate!
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I would view this car as a quasi-daily driver only.....unless personally persuaded....your out financially. To get up there with the nice boys, you'd dump 3 or 4 times into it what you could ever get out of it.....however...with original patina and rust out.....assuming it doesn't have drivetrain issues......makes this a nice driver..as is for local car shows and such.....

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                            I would view this car as a quasi-daily driver only.....unless personally persuaded....your out financially. To get up there with the nice boys, you'd dump 3 or 4 times into it what you could ever get out of it.....however...with original patina and rust out.....assuming it doesn't have drivetrain issues......makes this a nice driver..as is for local car shows and such.....
                            Cleaned up, the rust would not be very obvious, it's small and down low enough to not jump out at you, but there is no way you could restore and not be upside down.
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                              I knew that this would happen. I buy a '57 Provincial, and a nicer Broadmoor for less money that's closer to home becomes available.

Story of my life.

Buy it JP and I'll have the Provincial shipped to your place, you can play with it, and I'll have the Broadmoor shipped to me.

Really though. I don't think I can look at this thread again.
                              Based on what you know thus far, would you definitely rather have this one?
                              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                              Romans 15:13
                              Deuteronomy 31:6
                              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X