Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have three blocks need help Identifying..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: I have three blocks need help Identifying..

Okay.. I have three v8 engines in the back of my truck right now... here are the numbers

4 554641- Looks to be in good shape all is there.

2 535601 - one of the cylinders has a crack... almost like it sat outside w/ water in the cylinder and froze
    expanded and cracked the wall. Could be sleeved or junk it? (only the block will be junked)

1 535601 - this one has been torn down to just the block. I have complete engine but I believe this one
    might have come out of a commander. Not sure..

Any info on these would be much appreciative.

Joe, those appear to be casting numbers. There should be a stamped number at the top front of the block on a flat, horizonal, surface just inside where the drivers side head sits. The number will probably begin with a V or P, but could be different depending on the year. A JT or JTS prefix would be a find.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
      joe, those appear to be casting numbers. There should be a stamped number at the top front of the block on a flat, horizonal, surface just inside where the drivers side head sits. The number will probably begin with a v or p, but could be different depending on the year. A jt or jts prefix would be a find.
      4 554641 = v578342

2 535601 = v548034

1 535601 = p30258

Comment

looks like

63 259
        62 259
        56 289

I could be wrong. The casting numbers seem also to be about in the correct sort of range of numbers for the years
        Last edited by Jim B PEI; 09-15-2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your help fellas.

Comment

Working...
          X