56-61 Hawk grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 56-61 Hawk grille

Wonder if anyone has ever considered re-producing these in chromed plastic ? Sure would reduce the weight of that very heavy hood ! And should be less expensive than re-chroming one.
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

It could be done, but I wonder about the tooling costs. The massive grille and air cleaner boxes on the International Lone Star is all plastic.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I don't know but I would sure be for it. I'm getting to the point in life that my heavy lifting days are numbered and it takes a real effort to lift the hood anymore.

Comment

probably a lot of Hawk owners out there (me included) who would be interested, if one knew where to start inquires...

Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by valleyguy View Post
          probably a lot of Hawk owners out there (me included) who would be interested, if one knew where to start inquires...

Joe D.
          ATTENTION Ed Reynolds .......Sounds like a worthwhile project !

Ken Byrd
          Lewisville,NC

Comment

Not sure about chromed plastic, they are going back to that on modern cars and it
            just doesnt hold up. A couple years old and its flaking off as I see around town.

No more heavy lifting, or risk of opening on the freeway :

Tom
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

AND ........Side grilles for 58-61 Hawks would be nice too !

Ken Byrd
              Lewisville,NC

Comment

Working...
              X