Carb pictures please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb pictures please

Just had a customer come in to my shop with a little problem with his carburetor and it looked almost exactly like the one on my 48 M16. The only difference I see is that it looks like a more modern design than what I have and it is off an older vehicle (47 Plymouth). I am starting believe I dont have the proper carb on my truck. I also believe it was installed backwards. Can anyone please post some pictures of an unmolested engine particularly the carb setup (close-ups would be nice) so I can figure this out. Thanks, Neal

After a little more research I have determined that the carb on my truck is the original. One reason for my confusion is that I bought a carb a few years ago that was supposed to be for my truck. It turns out that carb is for a Studebaker truck but one a little newer, 1955.

So my new question is; which carb should I rebuild? Would there be any advantage to using the ‘55 over the original? The carb kit is the same for both and I have it. The only problem I foresee in the newer carb is the choke is backwards from my application which would have to be modified. Neal

Comment

It's your call, but if the original carb shafts are not sloppy in their bores and it is otherwise in good shape I would rebuild it.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
      X