PDA

View Full Version : Brake pedal frame stud

KGlowacky
07-30-2006, 01:39 PM
I am down to the bare frame on my 56 wagon and I'm getting ready to get it sandblasted. Does anyone know how the brake pedal stude, the one that let's the brake pedal swivel comes out of the frame, if it does. I hope I am identifing the correct part, it looks like a 3/4 to 1" rod that is full of grease and almost looks pressed in. I don't want to just start beating on it if there is a real way to do remove. Any help ???? thanks

ROADRACELARK
07-30-2006, 03:30 PM
If you'll look up that area in your parts manual, I believe you,ll see an exploded view of that pin and its retainers. IMMIC, I think the pedal assemblies have a pinch bolt that registers on "flats" on that pin, and there may be large E-clips on each end. Hope this helps.
Dan

Road Racers turn left AND right.

KGlowacky
07-30-2006, 03:55 PM
I did not buy the parts manual, just the body parts book. I guess I will have to get this manual. That's what I get trying to save a buck.

ROADRACELARK
07-30-2006, 04:10 PM
I went to the shop and looked it up...I was wrong:( the pedal is not a pinch bolt, but a regular bolt, and the main shaft, the book says, IS a bolt. As it looks to me, if the brake and clutch pedals are removed that bolt should come out. Now with 50 yrs, of dirt,grime,rust, it might need a little help, ie rust penetrant, soak, soak, beat, bang, soak, soak....;) you get the message:). Be patient, go get another beer;) Hope this helps.
Dan:)

Road Racers turn left AND right.

KGlowacky
07-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks, That is the way I work. Hammer get a beer, hammer get another beer, and repeat until something/someone falls out/down. Repeat until mission is complete. Thanks again.

rusty nut garage
07-30-2006, 05:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by KGlowacky

I did not buy the parts manual, just the body parts book. I guess I will have to get this manual. That's what I get trying to save a buck.

I'd recommend to you to procure all of the parts manuals. They are "priceless" when it comes to reassembly.
Russ

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
57 SH (project)
60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)