Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Brake pedal frame stud

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pedal frame stud

I am down to the bare frame on my 56 wagon and I'm getting ready to get it sandblasted. Does anyone know how the brake pedal stude, the one that let's the brake pedal swivel comes out of the frame, if it does. I hope I am identifing the correct part, it looks like a 3/4 to 1" rod that is full of grease and almost looks pressed in. I don't want to just start beating on it if there is a real way to do remove. Any help ???? thanks

If you'll look up that area in your parts manual, I believe you,ll see an exploded view of that pin and its retainers. IMMIC, I think the pedal assemblies have a pinch bolt that registers on "flats" on that pin, and there may be large E-clips on each end. Hope this helps.
    Dan

Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

I did not buy the parts manual, just the body parts book. I guess I will have to get this manual. That's what I get trying to save a buck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

I went to the shop and looked it up...I was wrong the pedal is not a pinch bolt, but a regular bolt, and the main shaft, the book says, IS a bolt. As it looks to me, if the brake and clutch pedals are removed that bolt should come out. Now with 50 yrs, of dirt,grime,rust, it might need a little help, ie rust penetrant, soak, soak, beat, bang, soak, soak.... you get the message. Be patient, go get another beer Hope this helps.
        Dan

Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Thanks, That is the way I work. Hammer get a beer, hammer get another beer, and repeat until something/someone falls out/down. Repeat until mission is complete. Thanks again.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
          Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by KGlowacky

I did not buy the parts manual, just the body parts book. I guess I will have to get this manual. That's what I get trying to save a buck.
            I'd recommend to you to procure all of the parts manuals. They are "priceless" when it comes to reassembly.
            Russ

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
            57 SH (project)
            60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
            53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
            57 SH (project)
            60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Working...
            X