This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels for 62 half ton

Can someone tell me what wheels (rims) will match my 62 half ton pickup lug pattern. Ford? Chevy? ...?
    Please e-mail to lagoprop@aol.com or call (512)963-8444.
    Thanks,
    Larry in Austin, Tx

There are later rims with the same bolt pattern, but I believe that you get into problems with the center hole diameter and the way that the back sits on the drum. I know that others have solved this problem and hope that they chime in here.

Gary L.
    1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
    1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I used a set of wheels from our local tire dealer that fit a Chevy truck. I believe they are 5" on 5" with spacers in behind them to allow the drum and wheel surfaces to mate properly. They put chrome nuts on that had a deeper shoulder so that there was plenty of thread contact.
      I put a set of Buick wheels on my T-Cab way back in the '70's. Same thing, spacers and different wheel nuts.

Brian

Brian K. Curtis

Comment

There are some late 80's Chevy van wheels, 5 x 5 that will fit the Stude half ton without spacers or adapters. Go to Studebaker truck talk and do a search on this topic
        Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online

Comment

There's also some 80s Caddy wheels that will fit without spacers as well as the stamped steel wheels from a 75 Lincoln Town Car. (I'm sure these Lincoln Town Car wheels were used on other Ford products as well, I just don't know which ones - maybe JDP could look up a cross-reference for us in his Hollanders books[}])

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
          X