This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED: valve body DG-250 55-56 6cyl, 55 8-cyl

My '54 Borg Warner, DG-200 normally started in 2nd gear unless I pull the lever to "L" or floored it; recently it starts in LOW, plus I lost 2nd gear. I was advised that I must remove the valve body, clean and make sure there are no sticking valves.

I am interested in purchasing a VALVE BODY for a 55 DG-250 (V8 Stude) or 55-56 DG-250 6-cyl Stude; I understand all of these are first-gear-start types.

IF YOU HAVE ONE FOR SALE, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Please contact me at :

John G. Williams
    901 753 1130

John,
    Check with the major vendors such as SASCO, Studebaker International, Steven Allen, etc. They show listings for complete valve bodies for the DG-250 trannys on their website or in thier catalog. The part number is shown as 537796 for 1955 W/DG 200 & DG 250 in Studebaker International's catalog. You may want to check with them for applicabity to your specific requirments. Here are their websites.

Welcome to Stephen Allen's LLC Why choose Stephen Allen’s as your Studebaker parts supplier? You'll receive top notch customer service, competitive prices & quality restoration parts.  You'll also speak with knowledgeable staff who own, repair, restore & drive Studebakers themselves, really. We have a large, diverse inventory with a broad selection

1960 Lark Convertible
    1962 GT Hawk
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Working...
    X