Spring arrives in ND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring arrives in ND

Finally had the '53 out this weekend. I think the last big snow pile melted early last week and it had been good weather. Saw that some farmers were out this weekend too in the field so the spring flood aftermath must have dried up at last.

Here's the '53 after getting back from a short drive yesterday. Sitting in my driveway. My camera has color problems so I greyed it but there is not much loss since the trees are still bare and the grass 1/2 brown yet. Don't expect full green-up around here for a few weeks. Its been near freezing at night yet.

[img][/img]

Got started on a big home project but sometime I need to figure out what the idle problem with the car is. It acted up in Cedar Rapids last summer and I did a "field fix" but haven't figured out the root cause yet. I suspect a vacuum leak someplace.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Nice car, Jeff. I doubt they had Kodachrome in '53, anyway.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Jinkies Jeff, you're only about 200 miles away from me, yet people have begun mowing their lawns around here. The trees are budded out and some small wildflowers have bloomed. Furthermore, I had two woodticks on me two weeks ago and I killed a mosquito last night....so I guess warmer weather isn't all good.

Love birds...Red Hawks in mating season.
      In the middle of Minnestudea
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by warrlaw1

Nice car, Jeff. I doubt they had Kodachrome in '53, anyway.
        Kodachrome was introduced in 1935.

Skip Lackie
        Washington DC
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
        X