Custom Avanti seat rails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Avanti seat rails?

Any way i can get the seat in my Avanti to go further back?

How could I augment the rails to allow more front/rear room?

I am 6'2" and just do not have the ability to relax my legs...which are always cramped!

Scott Stasny from DeLuxe Autowerks (630 293 7750) just reengineered the front drivers seat of a 1964
    Avanti to move it back 3 inches more than stock for a big customer.
    It can be done!

Comment

There is an other thread (older) that addresses the same problem for a 1950

Comment

IIRC, I lengthened my seat tracks in my Avanti, by adding a 2" flat strap between the seat and the track, nothing fancy, but made a world of difference while driving.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

The seat bolts directly to the adjuster rails 4 bolts real easy to separate, unless the bolts are rusted and snap off. There are cage nuts spot welded to the frame that can break off if the bolt doesn't.

I'm just suggesting that if you dig in and the bolts don't come out freely be careful. The only way to get to the cage nuts is to remove the upholstery.

ErnieR

On its way to a 15.097 Spring 2006.

Comment

Working...
          X