Sandin AC hose size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Sandin AC hose size

So, I posted earlier about the position of the AC hose holes in the firewall of 63-64 Hawk. Now I need to know the hose size. I'll be using a Sandin after market compressor with a Stude under dash AC air exchanger. When I look at local Studes with factory AC the hose looks to be about 1", but for some reason I'm thinking the hose off the after market Sandin unit will be smaller. I don't have the hoses yet, but I'm ready to drill the holes in the firewall. Also, I've been told I will have to change the hose adapter on the back of the Stude under dash unit- for the different refrigerant they're selling now

Yes, the R12 refrigerant hose and fittings are different than those for use with R134A refrigerant. The R134A uses a barrier hose and 0-ringed fittings, it will leak through the earlier stuff.

You will need to use a grommet in the hole in the firewall to run the hoses through so as not to cut up the hoses. They sell bulkhead fittings to resolve this too. You are looking for the outside diameter of the typical R134 type hoses correct? The hoses I use are .880" and .980" OD, one of each.

Comment

Working...
    X