This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International steering wheel swap - '60 Lark

I am looking to swap an NOS when installed steering wheel for another at the International meet.

Previous owner got rid of the all black steering wheel on the '60 Lark for a red and black wheel. I would like to go back to an all black wheel. Believe these wheels were used from '57 - '60 (and beyond on floor shifted Champ trucks)

This is the wheel you will get - I will bring the tools...

There is a small place on the front where it is not perfect, which probably is why it was put in a box for surplus parts by Studebaker

Last edited by 62champ; 04-22-2017, 09:36 AM.

Steering Wheel Change

I hate to ask the obvious, but have you considered painting the wheel all black? I once painted a 1957 President Classic Azure Blue and Wedgewood blue steering wheel the blue and white colors using epoxy paints. It came rather well and held up just fine. And believe it or not, I had a friend who was a dentist and he gave me some dental repair material that I fixed a steering wheel with too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 President front interior.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1712970
    Last edited by 56GH; 03-19-2017, 12:58 PM. Reason: Add photo
    Bill L.
    1962 GT Hawk

Comment

I have thought about that - but it would be a shame to paint over a great original wheel - I hope someone who has a red interior wants to swap their all black wheel for this one...

Comment

62champ - Do you still have the red and black steering wheel for the Lark? And if so, would you be interested in selling it? My original black wheel is cracking.
        Ronnie | Portland, OR

1959 Studebaker Lark VIII Regal (Hardtop)

Comment

Working...
        X