Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting it back together. Really happy with how solid it is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting it back together. Really happy with how solid it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1753453Click image for larger version

Name:	Int..jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1753454Click image for larger version

Name:	Eng.2.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1753456Click image for larger version

Name:	RF 1.jpg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1753455

Looking Great Sam! looks like she is going to be a fun ride that you are going to be proud of when she is done
    Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

It looks great! Nice work!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for looking and your kind words. I'm putting a beige top on it. I had thought about maybe a tan interior later, but I kind of like the red and the cream. The interior is too good to replace and my Studebaker account is getting pretty low. The seats had been recovered when I bought it. I am hoping to drive it to South Bend for the IM. Unless I get AC installed before then, she probably won't ride that far in it. Does anyone have any suggestions about AC units for cars? I hear many good reviews about Vintage Air.

Comment

The yellow exterior/red interior combo is striking!.....And the power steering is a nice touch!....I LIKE this car!

Comment

Vintage Air, while nice, is usually associated with the street rod and street machine crowd.
            They do have some Studebaker specific bracketry.

My favorite source so far is: Nostalgic AC

Nostalgic AC (NAC) carries a full line of Complete Aftermarket Air Conditioning and Heating kits for Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Pontiac, Jeep, Toyota, British vehicles, Street Rods and many others. Free shipping on all complete kits in Continental US and discounted shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and US Territories.

1 - (888) 977-8889
            2124 S.W. Pine Ave Unit# 200
            Ocala, Florida 34471

They have helped me with several Stude projects and some of my friends with other vintage marques.
            Smart people. Good to do business with.

One other source I have used is a place called Old Air Products.

(some Studebaker listings)

Another is Classic Auto Air...

Classic Auto Air is your source for factory air conditioning parts & AC systems for 70’s & older Ford, GM, Mopar, Porsche, Custom Street Rods & more.

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
            <snip>
            Does anyone have any suggestions about AC units for cars? I hear many good reviews about Vintage Air.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Depending on which supplier you chose you may need to cut and crimp your hoses. I purchased a kit from Southern Air (don't know how good it works yet) that just sent bulk hoses and fittings.

I called around to a couple of AC shops and there was an extreme lack of excitement in doing the hoses unless I brought in the car or paid a goodly fee to crimp each hose.

My install is a custom set up in my 74 Avanti so all of the hoses need to be an unusual length.

I purchased this tool and it is easy to use and makes professional crimps.

After a lot of internet shopping I paid a couple bucks over $100 for mine.

BTW, I talked at great length to Nostalgic A/C at Zephyrhills a couple of years ago and they, indeed, were knowledgeable and informative to talk to. Not sure why I went with Southern Air but done is done. Probably got a better price IIRC.

Bob
              Last edited by sweetolbob; 02-05-2017, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Have been in Sothern Rods shop in Greer many times. They have a nice place.
                Their A/C line is more on the street rod/street machine side of things...

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                <snip> Not sure why I went with Southern Air but done is done. Probably got a better price IIRC.

Bob
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                X