Mentor Auto Museum - FLAKED OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentor Auto Museum - FLAKED OUT

We had our destinations and plans arranged for this years IDYSD event several months ago... We would rendezvous north of Wichita, drive to McPherson for lunch, and then tour the Mentor Auto Museum in Salina.

The problem? On Thursday, August 31st the Museum folks called and cancelled us - they were going to Wisconsin for a steam car show instead. They didn't care that they inconvenienced us at the last minute, and suggested we return next year on Wednesday, April 6th because some SDC Chapter was coming down from a northern state on a bus.

I wish I knew which SDC Chapter was coming, as I'd warn them about the flakiness of the Museum folks. There is no excuse for this kind of crap.

Thank goodness the Kansas Auto Racing Museum in Chapman offered to host us instead. It's a little further to drive, but their doors will be open.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Chris,
    I have changed that listing on the SDC site for you. I have just indicated the change in venue and the city and to check your newsletter or Facebook. Hope all goes well with your event, it is disappointing when a change that you have no control over happens so close. Have a great day. Susan
    Last edited by SusieQ; 09-05-2016, 01:18 PM.

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
    studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Thanks, Susan.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
      X