Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Ruzycki

ALEXANDER W. RUZYCKI

Ruzycki, Alexander W. On Saturday, June 20, 2015. Beloved husband of the late Barbara B. Ruzycki (nee Bauer); loving brother of John (Dorothy) Ruzycki; our dearest uncle, great-uncle and friend. Alex was a retiree from McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Aircraft. His hobby was collecting and restoring Studebakers. Services: Visitation at KUTIS AFFTON Chapel, 10151 Gravois, Wednesday, June 24 from 10 a.m. until service time at 11 a.m. Private interment Sunset Cemetery.

Barb and my wife Chris and our daughters spent a lot of time together pool side at many national meets while Al and I were out looking for that part or talking with Studebaker Friends. Al sure loved his Studebakers
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

It is always sad to lose another Studebaker fan. He is not listed in my 2008 SDC Roster. Please post what state he resided in (the obituary does not even list a town/city, let alone the state). I do not want to assume that he is in MO as you are, since you met up at SDC International Conventions. Since he was a retiree, I will assume that he was over 65.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      It is always sad to lose another Studebaker fan. He is not listed in my 2008 SDC Roster. Please post what state he resided in (the obituary does not even list a town/city, let alone the state). I do not want to assume that he is in MO as you are, since you met up at SDC International Conventions. Since he was a retiree, I will assume that he was over 65.
      Al and his late wife, Barb, lived in Missouri, in the St. Louis area. He was either 90 this year or would have reached age 90. He has been in a nursing home for the past several years. I believe that both Al and Barb Ruzycki were charter members of the SDC's Missouri/Illinois Gateway Chapter in 1972. They both helped during our last SDC international meet here, in 1981, and I think Al was looking forward to the SDC meet here in August.
      Lew Schucart
      Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

We hate losing members, but at 90, I imagine he had a good life full of Studes and more memories than most of us can even hope for!
        RIP & condolences to the family.

Comment

Working...
        X