No announcement yet.

1964 Champs - T-Cabs - 8Es - forum registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8E5-139204 - 112 WB - unknown cab - partially restored - awaiting completion - located in Belton, Texas.

Unknown accessories.

Comment

8E12-6750 - 122 WB - T6 cab - for sale on Craigslist, July 2019.

Radio, AC, OD tranny

Information from ad: A 1964 Studebaker Champ Truck, V-8 (289 engine), 3 speed with overdrive, air conditioning, sliding cab window, camper shell. Good condition, good interior, runs. Some body rust. Original instrument panel, radio, engine. Asking $7,000 or OBO. No trades.

Comment

In case anyone is interested. Reproduction 2 X 3 foot. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5279 email.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	1832969
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I would like to update the 64 registry for E 12 6769. the current link shows the photos from George Shirley before I bought the truck from him. here is a pic of the serial number pad from the 289 that is in the truck now. thanks, Mike Schmitt

Click image for larger version

Name:	38.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1836813

Comment

Found it! E12-6769 is on Post 58 of Pg. 2.
            Wow that's a LOT of scanning! Some of these 8E Trucks have a REALLY large number of Pics, mostly the junky ones.

So this verifies what we thought that this Nice Orange 3/4 Ton with the Cloverleaf stamped Engine Block, is or Was for sure a 6E Heavy Duty 289! 6EJ312 was Assembled Sept. 12, 1963.

That is, If any of the Roto Cap Valve Rotators, Special Valve Springs, Aluminum Cam Gear and Tri-Metal Clevite 77 Bearings are still in there or replaced after the rebuild.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 05-19-2020, 08:35 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Found it! E12-6769 is on Post 58 of Pg. 2.
              Wow that's a LOT of scanning!
              If you look at the first post, the VIN numbers are hotlinks to the actual vehicle within all the pages - no searching involved.

Comment

a few upgrades since I purchased the truck: Vintage Air Slimline under dash unit, 64 GT Hawk push button radio with FM conversion, Jim Turner Disc Brake conversion, Full application of LINEX in be, replaced the 4:10 ring & pinion with a 3:54 set (which is as low as you can go in a DANA 60) Click image for larger version

Name:	ac1.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1837075

Comment

a few upgrades since I purchased the truck: Vintage Air Slimline under dash unit, 64 GT Hawk push button radio with FM conversion, Jim Turner Disc Brake conversion, Full application of LINEX in bed Click image for larger version

Name:	engine1.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	1837079 , replaced the 4:10 ring & pinion with a 3:54 set (which is as low as you can go in a DANA 60) Click image for larger version

Name:	ac1.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1837078
                  Attached Files

Comment

I now own the 1964 champ owned by Brad Kuchan in Illinois, I will get the actual numbers to confirm soon

Comment

• 64 Champ E5139484

I bought this truck in late 2018 after it had been sitting under a shed roof for about 4-5 years . I had serviced it intermittently for the previous owner over the years , just doing the bare minimum to keep it running , never wanting to spend the effort to make it safe and reliable .

I spent 2019 going over the mechanicals , brakes gone through and M/cyl upgraded , carb overhaul , fuel tank removed and cleaned of the 20lbs of rust in it , new tires to replace the dry rotted ones on it , clean the mice out of the glove box and exhaust , buff out the inch of dust on the paint , tune-up and adjustments , fluids and filters , radiator recore and everything else to make it safe and reliable . Also I took off the poorly installed A/C and power steering and returned it to manual steering . Hoping to make the A/C functional again soon .

In 2020 , from April it has been my daily driver to work and I have been adding some dress-up under the hood . New exhaust will be going on soon and I am chasing rattles and noises .

Ove the winter I will be pulling out the interior and fixing a bunch of problems with wiring and non-functioning items . Also replacing the old dirty carpet and freshening up the interior and fixing the weatherstripping an

Comment

• Originally posted by 259Champ View Post
                        64 Champ E5139484

Ove the winter I will be pulling out the interior and fixing a bunch of problems with wiring and non-functioning items . Also replacing the old dirty carpet and freshening up the interior and fixing the weatherstripping an
                        FYI - Studebaker International had a three foot deep pallet sized crate full of NOS 8E5 main wiring harnesses - easy to replace the whole thing instead of chasing gremlins... Thanks for the info.

Last edited by 62champ; 10-01-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• I got some nice nos interior stuff from Will at Starlight Interior , He had some in different colors as they are same as Larks , Ed

Comment

• 64 champ 6cyl short bed

Comment

• Originally posted by ntcmpjg View Post
                              64 champ 6cyl short bed
                              By your VIN number, (136452), it looks like you truck is actually a 1963 Champ - first '63 was VIN 136001.
                              Last edited by 62champ; 06-10-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 62champ View Post

By your VIN number, (136452), it looks like you truck is actually a 1963 Champ - first '63 was VIN 136001.
                                The title I got with it has it as a 64 strange

Comment

Working...
                                X