Battery box and hold down needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery box and hold down needed

Looking to buy a battery box and hold down for a 55 speedster. See attached picture. The battery box(tray) that I have does not have the triangular side supports nor the inner fender attachment on the left as shown in the picture. Also the size I have is 7 1/8 x 10/1/2. Don't know if this is correct for the car. I tried Studebaker International with no success.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ellagee; 11-24-2013, 08:42 AM. Reason: additional picture

The six volt ones were different from later 12 volt trays as the batteries were different sizes. What you are running will determine what you use.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
      The six volt ones were different from later 12 volt trays as the batteries were different sizes. What you are running will determine what you use.
      the car was partially dissembled with no battery when purchased. I'm assuming it was 6 volt positive ground. 6 volt batteries come in 2 sizes (C1 and C2). The battery box I'm looking for would fit the C2 6 volt battery. The pictures I included are for 6 volt batteries but I don't have the size of the batteries in the pictures.

Comment

I have one (as pictured) that has been restored and was going back into a Speedster....but the owner of the car bought a second one off of e-bay that he ended up using,....PM Me if You want it.

Comment

Six Volt Studebakers use the Group 1, almost square Battery with (+) Post Inboard and Forward and (-) Post Outboard and Aft.

I think a C2 ? may be a original size, Group 2 Ford, which is longer than Stude.

Group 1, 6 Volt Battery = 9 In. X 7 In.

Group 24, 12 Volt Battery = 12 In. X 6.5 In.

All Studebakers except '63 Avanti and Diesel Trucks use one or the other.

I have never heard of the "C" Sizes.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 11-24-2013, 05:01 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Is it 63 Avantis, or early 63s ?
            Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Six Volt Studebakers use the Group 1, almost square Battery with (+) Post Inboard and Forward and (-) Post Outboard and Aft.

I think a C2 ? may be a original size, Group 2 Ford, which is longer than Stude.

Group 1, 6 Volt Battery = 9 In. X 7 In.

Group 24, 12 Volt Battery = 12 In. X 6.5 In.

All Studebakers except '63 Avanti and Diesel Trucks use one or the other.

I have never heard of the "C" Sizes.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

With all the running changes on Avantis, a '63 can be a '64 and vice versa, so no one needs to even care.

What matters is Avantis with Long 3EEE Batteries are not Group 24, like other 12 volt Studes.

This is a very good example of how Strings get WAY off topic for no good reason, who cares?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Apparently You and I both do,as for straying threads You would know as well as any just how that can happen
                Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                With all the running changes on Avantis, a '63 can be a '64 and vice versa, so no one needs to even care.

What matters is Avantis with Long 3EEE Batteries are not Group 24, like other 12 volt Studes.

This is a very good example of how Strings get WAY off topic for no good reason, who cares?
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

To: ellagee,-----Shipped Speedster battery box out today....You should see it early next week. Please confirm arrival.

Comment

Mr. Palma will be happy about this! Speaking of Mr. Palma, I've haven't noticed any posts from him in the past several days. Is he doing okay?

Comment

To: ellagee,---Item arrive OK?

Comment

Got it! Very happy with it's condition. Thanks

Comment

I thought by now everybody would know that a battery hold down isn't necessary.....

Comment

63 R2 Hawk,, Thought this forum was a place to go to get help and to help others. Not a place for someone to let everyone know that they are smarter than anyone else. I guess Studebaker used battery hold downs just for the heck of it. Who would have guessed????

Comment

Originally posted by ellagee View Post
                              Got it! Very happy with it's condition. Thanks
                              Great!...use it in good health!

Comment

Working...
                              X