Where did IDYSD come from???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did IDYSD come from???

More exactly ...where did the "idea" to have a Drive Your Studebaker Day originate??? Searching through the SDC Forum archives the first post to mention an idea as such was back on 1-20-2009. Anyone care to step forward and take credit for coming up with the idea???
    Last edited by Welcome; 09-12-2011, 10:19 PM.

There is no telling who started it. I drive my Stude almost every day, so I took a break on IDYSD and rode around on my antique Honda Scrambler and even to a local Cruise In. There was only 1 Studebaker there. My wife drove around in the Champ that day.
    sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
    Bubbaland South
    Resident Machinist

Comment

Well as far as the Forum is concerned, I believe it was Matt Burnett who really got the ball rolling on this, thank you Matt!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Definitely all Matt's fault!! And after exposing his wild thought, he did a wonderful job of organizing and developing the concept and the first years' celebration.

Way to go Matt!

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Well as far as the Forum is concerned, I believe it was Matt Burnett who really got the ball rolling on this, thank you Matt!
          I was thinking it would be appropriate that we all acknowledge the person, Chapter or other group who came up with the idea first. Yes, Matthew deserves OUR BIGGEST THANK YOU (and an award/plaque of some sort too) for IDYSD as he undoubtedly was the one who really "got the ball rolling" …as you say.

But still trying to trace back the origin for the idea of a DYSD (or an IDYSD) so proper acknowledgement can also be given to that person/group. Was there any mention of it in old Turning Wheels? …on the old News Group? …etc. prior to 1-20-2009??? All input would be appreciated.

Comment

I believe Bob Shaw was involved from the get go.
            Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
              Was there any mention of it in old Turning Wheels? …on the old News Group? …etc. prior to 1-20-2009???
              Matt was definitely the first to suggest it, and Bob Shaw immediately got behind the idea as did Art, who placed in the next issue of Turning Wheels.

Craig
              Last edited by 8E45E; 09-13-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Gary Ash was the originator of the idea. He mentioned it to the then-President Ed Reynolds, and at Ed's request I "took it from there" with a LOT of help from Bob Shaw and a handful of others.

It's the Membership that has made the event into something big. Not me.
                Last edited by mbstude; 09-13-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X