X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s about time…

Thought today being IDYSDMarch 9th
    (44 years, 6 months & 1 day ago)

Holy crap, Jim! How have you kept it in shape all that time? I bet you had a great time in it!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Did the car run well on that 44 year old gasoline??
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        Did the car run well on that 44 year old gasoline??
        I prefer to think of it as only 16,256 days between drives!

But no, yesterday it was running on very fresh, special blended 95 octane gas ...the bad news is, it likes it ...ALOT!!!

Comment

What a great story. I'm glad to hear how much the car liked the fuel, maybe you'll consider driving her a little more. Then again 16,256 days between drives is what makes it a great story. I sure hope we all hear about the next drive 44 years, 6 months, and 1 day from now.

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
            Holy crap, Jim! How have you kept it in shape all that time?>>>
            The story on my 56J is I bought it as the last car I’d ever buy WITHOUT having to get "permission" …it was two months later I got married and moved out of my parent's safe-haven!!!

Back in 1967, I started buying all the parts I thought I'd need from Studebaker Corporation (the original SASCO) to "someday" do a FULL restoration on my 56J. That "someday" didn’t roll around for another 27 years, 6 months & 11 days (9/20/1994) when I had it flat-bedded from storage at my parent’s place over to my "new garage" to begin restoration. After many "one-step-forward & two-steps-back" kind of issues (mostly self-inflected) I finally did drive it yesterday …IDYSD 2011! The goal at these 5 minutes is to have it COMPLETELY built by April 2012 …but who knows what the future has in store!?!?

And Clark, the amazing part is my mere 44 years, 6 months & 1 day between drives in my Hawk may not even be a record!!! A nearby fellow 56J Owner bought his back in 1964. Last word I had it was "getting close" to going out for its first drive …in 47 years?!?!!
            Last edited by Welcome; 09-11-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

MORE Studebakers?

There are SO many of these Barn Queens that have been coming out on the road in 2010, 2011 and will in 2012, that the various State Motor Vehicle Dept's are going to swear that we are having these things made again in Argentina or somewhere!!!!!! Lol!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                There are SO many of these Barn Queens that have been coming out on the road in 2010, 2011 and will in 2012, that the various State Motor Vehicle Dept's are going to swear that we are having these things made again in Argentina or somewhere!!!!!! Lol!
                ...or Italy?

Craig

Comment

That's a great story! Thanks for sharing it!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    ...or Italy?

Craig
                    Not sure you want to attempt to beat the 44 or 47 year record Craig!
                    Mark Hayden
                    '66 Commander

Comment

My 56 Hawk Power Hawk has been a sleep since June of 1961. Had hoped to wake her up for the International in 2012 but we are working on my wifes 61 Hawk to have it there.
                      It has only been a sleep for 33 years.
                      Good Roads
                      Brian
                      Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca
                      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
                      X