Molding clips needed, '55 'C' body coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molding clips needed, '55 'C' body coupe

I am in need of two (2) molding clips for the stainless molding above the rear quarter windows on Rustobaker, a 1955 pillared coupe. This molding takes two small clips and one large clip for each of the left and right moldings. The clips I need are the smaller ones that secure the vertical part of the molding.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Part numbers ?
    Klif
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

A few minutes ago I posted a similar thread. I am also looking for even more clips. Is there a repop parts book out there that would give us the correct part numbers for all the cips of the 55?

Thanks

JK

Comment

Originally posted by 3x2stude View Post
        A few minutes ago I posted a similar thread. I am also looking for even more clips. Is there a repop parts book out there that would give us the correct part numbers for all the cips of the 55?

Thanks

JK
        You mean the Body Parts Catalog?
        Item #800436 $40 from SI.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by klifton1 View Post
          Part numbers ?
          Klif
          Part #311275
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Jerry, I may have some used one's. I will try and check when I get home tonight.

Comment

I don't know if this will be of any help. I know that SI does not list part #311275 in their online catalog. i had a recent experience with them that tells me that since they acquired SASCO they have more items that have not been added to their catalog. In June I asked if they had an upper air deflector for a '53-54 C, part # 303084P.
              They told me they did not have it. The first of this month I emailed them again about this part. I had forgotten that I had already asked them. the next day I got a reply from "Jim" telling me he could get me a NOS from South Bend.
              I had it in a week. I told Jim that I needed other '53-54 parts. He said to place an order for the parts and they could go through the SB inventory and let me know if they had it. I guess this was a very long way of saying that they just may have the clips you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Davis View Post
                I don't know if this will be of any help. I know that SI does not list part #311275 in their online catalog. i had a recent experience with them that tells me that since they acquired SASCO they have more items that have not been added to their catalog. In June I asked if they had an upper air deflector for a '53-54 C, part # 303084P.
                They told me they did not have it. The first of this month I emailed them again about this part. I had forgotten that I had already asked them. the next day I got a reply from "Jim" telling me he could get me a NOS from South Bend.
                I had it in a week. I told Jim that I needed other '53-54 parts. He said to place an order for the parts and they could go through the SB inventory and let me know if they had it. I guess this was a very long way of saying that they just may have the clips you are looking for.
                Placed a sizable oder with SI yesterday but since those clips are not listed online or in their catalog I put a note (with the part number) in with the order for them to look for them.
                Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

I have a questin unrelated to your clips. You have probably answered it in previous posts, but I have not found it.
                  Do you, or your shop work on other peoples Studebakers ?

Comment

I have a questin unrelated to your clips. You have probably answered it in previous posts, but I have not found it.
                    Do you, or your shop work on other peoples Studebakers ?
                    I am retired and do not work on other peoples cars. Robert runs the store (auto accessories, antique auto restoration and streetrod parts). Robert also has his StreetRod and antique auto repair shop here. He specializes in steering, brakes, suspension and metal work (patch panels etc.). But he also does everything to do with a streetrod or antique vehicle (mostly '62 and older but there are exceptions) restoration or repair excluding interiors. I'm trying to talk my SIL into setting a trim shop up here in my building so we can offer low buck interiors. Something the CASO's will appreciate. I just ordered all the interior pieces, (headliner, carpet, seat covers, rear center arm rest cover and enough extra material to do the kick panels, side panels, and package shelf) from JDP- Historic Automotive. That was $955. I figure $1500-2000 labor and we could do a nice interior for about $3000 parts and labor. We shall see.
                    Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                      Jerry, I may have some used one's. I will try and check when I get home tonight.
                      Thanks Tex.
                      Used are good.
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Thanks Mr. Forrester. Would Robert be able do duplicate your reverse opening hood ?

Comment

Thanks Mr. Forrester. Would Robert be able do duplicate your reverse opening hood ?
                          He said yes, but not until after the first of next year. That would not be a kit. He would have to have your car here.
                          Jerry Forrester
                          Forrester's Chrome
                          Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

That sounds good. Its not too far from Va. to Georgia.

Comment

It appears 311275 is the correct # on these clips. Jerry I thought I might have some on a parts car I have, but they are all
                              rusted too bad to to be used.

Comment

Working...
                              X