Shipping stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping stuff

It's not like this is new news, but I shipped a '51 front fender today - Visalia to Dayton OH. $70 bucks via Greyhound! You couldn't get that thing that far - strapped to the back of a Prius, for that sorta money!
    I wrapped it in one of those cheap Chinese tarps and secured it with nylon strapping tape. On the two really sharp, projecting edges, I cut and taped on pieces of foam pipe insulation. Estimated arrival time, 4 days from leaving California. Such a deal.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Ya I shipped big stuff like hawk rear fenders and such with G.H. it cost $67.00 to ship a pair,just can't go over 80 inches is the rule.

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Cool Biggs,
      Throw me a couple of 63 Lark fenders on the next bus coming to NC!

Jamie McLeod
      Hope Mills, NC
      Jamie McLeod
      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
      1958 Commander "Christine"
      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
      1955 Commander Sedan
      1964 Champ
      1960 Lark

Comment

Visalia to Dayton= 2279 miles. 50mpg @ $2.75 gal= $125.00. Your mileage may vary.

(Filling in for Decimal Dude.)
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Would Greyhound ship a 53 C Cab hood?
          Allen

Comment

I manage a very large shipping company and for the money, GH is the way to go. Last year I received a hood, trunk and two rear fenders via GH for my 63 Lark and everything worked perfectly.

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

Allen, I see no problem them shipping the hood,they ship sofas and such big stuff.

Joseph R. Zeiger
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thanks Joseph,
                Now I need to find one for sale. The 53 I have is wrinkled across the back.
                Allen

Comment

I highly recommend Grey Hound for shipping as ;ong as you have a depot near you. I recieved a rear quarter for my 57 clipper from Sasco via Grey Hound the guys at the depot were very helpful and even asked if we needed help loading it. There are some people or companies which try and be helpful to customers rather than be rude.

Comment

Allen, I have one that should be workable.if you have no luck finding one email me off line for pics and details.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I must say, I was in a good mood when I shipped that fender. We have a fancy, new bus station here in Visalia and it's always busy with local transit lines as well as Greyhound. They're already expanding it thanks to some of the stimulus funds and so the regular place where I usually park was fenced off for the construction going on. This meant I had to lug the ungainly 48 pound fender about a hundred feet to get it in the freight door of the terminal. As I was walking up to the door and considering how it was I'd put it down and work the door to get it inside, the gal working the desk was there yanking the door open for me.

BTW, I DO have another driver's front fender for a '51 here. It's bent a bit, but not bad. The nice thing is that it's got NO serious rot to it. There's only surface rust. If I heard right, it would go anywhere in the 48 states for the same $70 bucks. Plus $15 for tarp and tape to wrap it in. Of course, there's the $250 for the fender itself.

Jamie, if your serious, it can be arranged.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1963 Cruiser
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                      X