1963 Lark Cat Whisker Clips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Lark Cat Whisker Clips?

I'm preparing my parts list for the South Bend Meet next month and would like to order some cat whiskers and the associated clips for the Convertible Lark. My Hawk uses two types the round and the rectangle types. Not sure what is used on the Lark and she's parked out of town.

Does anyone know what type is used or are both types used like in the Hawk?

How many do I need to order to change the cat whiskers on the interior door panels and body?

The door panels cat whiskers may be stapled to the panel so that may be a mute point.

Thanks in advance.

Allen

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
    Oakville, Ontario.
    Hamilton Chapter
    See you in Cedar Rapids Summer 2009
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Allen, do you have a '59-'64 Studebaker Body Parts Catalog? Usually there are quantities shown for the fasteners, but sometimes * = use as required!

You will only need the clips for the OUTER door cat whiskers, because those 2 are all the whiskers you need, or can buy.
    I sell the rubber seal (wipe) strips for the outside of the quarter windows on all '62-'64 Hardtops ("SHOULD" work on Convert.), they are way better than the cat whiskers the Canadian cars used.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich,

I found the clip required in the parts book - 1882X1 (the rectangular one) but does not spell out how many. Any idea off hand?

My South Bend built '63 convertible does not have the rubber wipe. The parts book refers to the 62 model HT having such a beast. Is this rubber wipe used in place of the cat whisker on 63-64 Hardtops and convertibles?

How is the cat whisker attached to the door panel. Can it even be replaced?

Has any one replaced the cat whiskers on the door panels?

Allen

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
      Oakville, Ontario.
      Hamilton Chapter
      See you in Cedar Rapids Summer 2009
      1964 GT Hawk
      PSMCDR 2014
      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
      PSMCDR 2013
      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me

Rich, My South Bend built '63 convertible does not have the rubber wipe. The parts book refers to the 62 model HT having such a beast. Is this rubber wipe used in place of the cat whisker on 63-64 Hardtops and convertibles?
        Yes they are, on correct, original '64's for sure, but I guess not on Canadian Hardtops, when my Dad's new "Second Series" (to us over here) '64 Daytona Hardtop was delivered, they had newly arrived South Bend parts on the left side of the line, and Canadian on the right I guess. Because I had the dealer replace the Cat Whisker on the right 1/4 window with a correct U.S. Rubber one, also the "other vendor" (Canadian?) R/H outside door handle with the sharp cornered push button, did not match the smooth Left Hand one, Village Studebaker in Los Angeles, got us the right parts at the 1000 mile service.

I do not know how many clips or how to repair the special Hardtop Door Panels, I do know the cat whiskers are stapled through the steel backer strip.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
        StudeRich
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, would you happen to have pics of the two types of push bottons? I never realised this.

Joseph R. Zeiger
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63t-cab

Rich, would you happen to have pics of the two types of push bottons? I never realised this.Joseph R. Zeiger
            It is quite simple Joe, on the early one the pointed end of the button is beveled, (rounded) and the late one (different vendor) the one that is left at SASCO now, is flat all the way to the pointed end making that corner sharp and square. I believe the late ones were used rather randomly in '64 and on '65 -'66's so either is fine, I just prefer the better looking rounded ones.
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X