Studebaker in the News Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker in the News Book

Does anybody have this book? It is over an inch thick. It has about every news article about Studebaker from day one until 1966. I found it back in the 80ds. I found the article about the Wagonaire in Motor Trend Jan. 1963 that Bams was talking about. Real interesting.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    Middle Tennessee 37th Annual Car Show April 4 2009

Yes; I've had a copy since Day One; Copyright 1986.

Did you notice the author, Michael Scherer?

I'm pretty sure it's the same Michael Scherer that built the 11-second, wheel-standing little 259-powered 1959 black Lark 2-door(!) many have seen running at Osceola Dragway near South Bend during recent SB International Meets. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It says in the book he is from Toledo, Ohio.

Comment

Yes. Some of us are not only old enough to have bought the book in 1986 -- we're old enough to have bought the magazines reprinted therein right from the news stand.

Skip Lackie
        Washington DC
        Skip Lackie

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Skip Lackie

Yes. Some of us are not only old enough to have bought the book in 1986 -- we're old enough to have bought the magazines reprinted therein right from the news stand.

Skip Lackie
          More to the point, Skip: Some of us are old enough to have planted the tree from which the pulp was later harvested to manufacture the paper on which the book was printed! [:0][8][}] BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wow, thanks for giving me yet another book to find![8D] My wife is getting fed up with all of the automobile books lying around the house, not just Studebaker. Oh well![}]

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. I can't wait till the salt is off the roads!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
              More to the point, Skip: Some of us are old enough to have planted the tree from which the pulp was later harvested to manufacture the paper on which the book was printed! [:0][8][}] BP
              I always suspected that you were MUCH older than me!

Skip Lackie
              Washington DC
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Sounds like a cool book, I think I need to find that one.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Again, I can't believe this book has never been mentioned here before... good thing I've been buying magazine articles piecemeal off eBay when they're already compiled in a book[}]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Hey Bams I have 1986 address if it is still any good. For the publisher.

Comment

There were copies for sale at York by at least three vendors. First time I saw that many in one place

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

There were copies for sale at York by at least three vendors. First time I saw that many in one place
                        What Bill said. These are not that hard to come by. It's a safe bet there will be at least four of them offered at Cedar Rapids this summer, but you may have to dig in a vendor's "Misc. Literature" box to find one (or more). BP

Comment

SIGH.......... still so much to learn[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Here is Mike Scherer's address from the 2008 SDC Membership Roster.

No telephone number or e-mail address is listed.

For all I know, he may have some of these books remaining:

<center>Mike Scherer
                            6447 State Highway H
                            Benton MO 63736
                            </center>
                            BP

Comment

Wanted one for years. So long, in fact, that I forgot about it (not such and hard thing for me these days[)]).

Finally got one at '07 South Bend. It's HOURS of good info!!

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
                              47 M-5
                              Izzer Buggy
                              Junior Wagon
                              Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                              61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                              Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                              Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Working...
                              X