No announcement yet.

Studebakers In The Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever seen the series "Trucks!"? They once did a special on a hot rod C-cab. It was a nice truck; for a hot rod...

Matthew Burnette; the world's most
    dedicated 15 year old Stude nut!
    [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
    1963 Daytona HT
    lots more Studes
    and a few parts cars

Comment

• new to your forum. just reading the topic of studebakers in movies and thought i might get some help here. i own a 64 hawk that was driven in movies by rock hudson,ray milland and david niven ( or so the paper that came with it from movie land auction says). it didnt say what movies so i'm trying to find out any help would be appreciated. thanks. sorry for the long question.

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Has anyone ever seen the series "Trucks!"? They once did a special on a hot rod C-cab. It was a nice truck; for a hot rod...
        Matthew, do you know approximately when that Trucks! episode aired? I can't find it by doing a search at the show's website: http://www.truckstv.com/shows.aspx, not even when using Google to search their site.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup (image link below)

Paul Simpson
        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon
        Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

• In the movie HOTROD there is a studee pickup driven by a friend of the star of the movie who drove a hemi powered willys coupe

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

• pn64hawk:
            There is no way to know what your car was actually in. You can look at DVD's of those movies and try and find it. Maybe it was in those. Maybe it wasn't.

I have documented proof that my own 1952 Land Cruiser was a Universal Studios picture car and sold off in the 1970's auction, when they discontinued their automotive stable. I'm sure it is parked on the background in many Universal movies and TV shows, but I will never know what.

Comment

• I finally saw the tail-end of the Credit card ad Mr Biggs referred to.The truck appears to have a raised,1&1/2" or so, belt line around the cab,which the CE doesn't have[painted black]cool truck,but I think,brand-x.

Home of the Almostahawk
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

• And I bet it's got a SBC in it!!!

Home of the Almostahawk
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

• This probably doesn't count (I know it doesn't), but do you remember in the late 1970's a TV mini-series of the book "Wheels", starring Rock Hudson? They took an AMC Javelin, did a lot of clay work on it, and presented it as the fictitious automobile corporation's latest hot car, called the "Hawk". Once again, somebody stealing some idea from Studebaker just because the company was not around anymore.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
                  "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                  The Red-Headed Amazon
                  Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

• I just watched Count Yorga, Vampire (1970) on video. In a scene toward the beginning we see Count Yorga's coffin being transported in the back of a truck. As the truck is going through traffic we catch a glimpse of the back of a 1960s, maybe 1963 Hawk. As a "B" horror film, I think this would fit the original intent of the post fairly well.

Comment

• Maybe its just me but... Has anyone else noticed these new Kia Amanti's? I think the grill is very Lark-like and the general exterior styling is a '50's throwback. Then again, it could be just me. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

• The first time I saw an ad for the Kia Amanti,I actually thought it was a Hawk. 'Bout snapped my neck to get a good look at the tv!
                        There is still some thing about that Kia front end that says 'Studebaker' to me...

Home of the Almostahawk
                        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

• Glad to hear I'm not the only one who noticed the Stude styling. I was just reading in the Stude Stories page, a story by Mike Whitby, in which he mentions that the car he was writing about was in a film by Mick Jagger called "Enigma". Very well written story too! Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

• Saw a Charles Bronson flick other night on TV.
                            Called "Telefon", spy movie sorta. In a scene where Charlies chasing a bad guy he stands in front of Lark parked behind him, it has no tailight lenses, soon after Charlie shoots the bad guy and his car wrecks and blows up.(typical movie<G&gt

Comment

• Has anybody mentioned "Fright Night" or Fright Night 2" with Roddy McDowell as a saturday night horror movie TV host? He drives a Lark in both shows, and there a a lot of scenes with the Lark in them. Just a car to them, but the only reason for me to watch the show!

Comment

• There was a movie with Brooke Shields & Peter Fonda (I believe) Brooke was in her very early teens.The whole movie more or less takes place in or around a 50 or 51 Starlight coupe.I remember the car because it had the optional venetian blind type window shades.The name "Wanda Nevada" comes to mind.It was either her character or the name of the flick.Does anyone else remember this one ?

Comment

Working...
                                X