No announcement yet.

Studebakers In The Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• & in an earlier film (youtube) also called "Hot Rod"(!) from 1950 there's a 47-49 4door Commander at 56:58...
    Last edited by Noxnabaker; 06-30-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Just watched a Doris Day, Jack lemon film. "it Happened to Jane" Lemon drives a 1951 Convertible. See it very clearly at the 1 hour 10:30 minute mark. Shows interior also.
      51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
      53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
      62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

• Here it is Jim:

I sure miss Jack Lemmon and Doris Day who left us not so long ago.
        Nice day to all.
        sigpic

Comment

• That is the one
          Thanks
          51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
          53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
          62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6945.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1728611Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7458.jpg
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1728612Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7459.jpg
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1728613My '62 Studebaker GT Hawk and I had the pleasure of being part of the filming of "The Post" starring Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks. When the film finally was released my wife and I with some friends rushed to the local theater. Well, out of all of the time spent in front of the camera the GT Hawk was on for a moment or two. Of course, we bought the DVD and I was able to capture the Hawk's moment of fame by pausing the DVD and using my iPhone. You'll also see the photo that I shot just before the filming in Georgetown. This is the first time I'm posting so I hope this works. The GT Hawk was also filmed for "Vice" but ended up on the cutting room floor.
            Last edited by SteveHawk62; 06-30-2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Wow! My wife and I just watched that movie a couple of weeks ago on Netflix and I totally missed that. I recognize the scene you posted. I guess I was just not paying close enough attention. Thanks for posting this. I will have to view the movie again. We enjoyed it. Super duper that your car was in it!
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• Thank you, Ed. It was an exciting time. I'm not surprised you missed seeing the GT Hawk because it was on the far left side of the screen and just for a moment or two. Nevertheless, it's cool to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by christophe View Post
                  Here it is Jim:

I sure miss Jack Lemmon and Doris Day who left us not so long ago.
                  Nice day to all.
                  Interesting that it has painted headlight rings. The only 51's that came that way were the bottom of the line "custom" models. Certainly not the convertibles which were all Regal models.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

• The new episode of Fast N' Loud last night had a '64 Wagonaire in the background. I spotted it on eBay a week or so ago....
                    I kinda wish they would have built it up instead.

Comment

• Here is a 1952 in the opening shot of "The Lucy Show" with guest star Joan Crawford. It is the full episode but the Studebaker is only in the first 2 minutes to set the story.

To Lean More About Joan Crawford, Visit:The Concluding Chapter Of Crawfordwww.TheConcludingChapterOfCrawford.com

They probably bought the car for $50.00 back then for the show.

Bob Miles
                      Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

• There's a film on youtube called "Past Tense" with an Avanti, quite a thriller I think...

Comment

• Catch Me If You Can, about 18 minutes in.Click image for larger version

Name:	667C14CA-BB73-46A3-95A1-F1C2497B6F7E.jpg
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1729342

- - - Updated - - -

Haven’t a clue why it shows sideways.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• At 2am last night, I was watching......CATCH ME IF YOU CAN..... when Tom Hanks as FBI was trying to catch Leonardo DeCapria., there was a scene after he left the Miami airport that a rear view shot had I believe a white GT Hawk following...........if I am wrong, sorry
                            Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by mch View Post
                              At 2am last night, I was watching......CATCH ME IF YOU CAN..... when Tom Hanks as FBI was trying to catch Leonardo DeCapria., there was a scene after he left the Miami airport that a rear view shot had I believe a white GT Hawk following...........if I am wrong, sorry Mark
                              No need to apologize...2am???...I'll take your word for it.
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• Originally posted by mch View Post
                                At 2am last night, I was watching......CATCH ME IF YOU CAN..... when Tom Hanks as FBI was trying to catch Leonardo DeCapria., there was a scene after he left the Miami airport that a rear view shot had I believe a white GT Hawk following...........if I am wrong, sorry
                                Mark
                                You were right. Here it is:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X