New member / new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member / new project

Just joined the SDC today after lurking on this site for a couple months. This is my first Studebaker and I'm looking forward to getting into the restoration. I am in the planning stage right now and the teardown will begin in the spring. It's not pretty, but it is solid and will be a easy rebuild. Except for the interior and machine work, I'll do most of the work myself (CASO style).

Right on! Welcome to the club (literally) Hope you post lots of pix of the progress - we love to see stuff take shape around here!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome...hope that isn't the previous owner (PO) you may have dragged into that trailer when you pulled it in. You picked a good car, should come out looking great. Best of luck with that "easy rebuild." [^]

Comment

Welcome aboard, we all like projects and their pictorial progress, many projects going on as we speak, and events you can go to when your all said and done.

ChopStu
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Glad to have you!
          Good luck with the project.

Chris Pile
          Midway Chapter SDC
          The Studebaker Special
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Welcome and I hope that you already have all of the chrome trim for it.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks Gary. I have most of the trim and bumpers, but I always keep my eyes open for extra or better pieces.

Comment

Welcome and good choice on the car, its one of my favorites.

Dylan
                '61 lark regal 4dr wagon
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Welcome aboard! Bullet-noses are COOL!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Welcome, it's always good to have a new member. Your Starlight looks great. Keep up posted.

Perry
                    '23 Special Six,
                    '50 Business Champ,
                    '50 Starlight Champ,
                    '60 Lark droptop,
                    '63 GT R1
                    Perry
                    \'50 Business Champion
                    \'50 Starlight Champion
                    \'60 Lark Convertible,
                    \'63 GT R1,
                    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

fifty, cool car and great looking project. What part of the world are you in??

sals54
                      sals54

Comment

Welcome, Looks like you have a solid builder.
                        Good luck and keep us posted.

Tex in Alabama
                        53 c coupe
                        53 4dr

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Just wanted to welcome you to the club. Lots of good people willing to help with ideas based on experience. They have been a big help as I have worked on my 50 as an "off frame" project for some time now.

I just put the hull of the body back on the frame yesterday-have not even put the bolts in yet. Had it sandblasted a piece at a time. Didn't get it primed real quick like I should have and had to do lots of extra sanding before I could spray the primer on it.

After the frame and all the "running gears" were blasted I had it all coated with "Chassis Saver" and it looks great. The place that is going to paint it will be doing some additional body work before doing the actual paint prep and spraying it. After having taken it apart, (even had to take the light and heater switches apart as they had rusted) I might be able to save you some steps. You can e-mail me through the Forum. Hope the project goes well for you. I didn't keep the pads that go between the frame and the bottom of the body in order so I now have to try to figure out where each one goes.I would be interested in knowing where you are located.

Jimmie
                          Orleans, IN

1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
                          I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!
                          sigpicJimmie
                          Orange County, Indiana
                          1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

Thanks Jimmie. I'm always ready to listen to advice from a person who has "been there and done that". Good luck with your project. I live in east central Ohio (New Philadelphia).

Comment

Working...
                            X