Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking For REAR SHOCKS For My Avanti 2 - Interchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks: Looking For REAR SHOCKS For My Avanti 2 - Interchange?

I have a 74 AVANTI 2 Does Koni make rear shocks ? for this application ?? what are some of the other options out there shock wise part numbers and interchange would be helpful thanks.
    Joseph Kastellec

I installed last month a set of Bilsteins from Shockwarehouse;
    Shockwarehouse the USA’s source for shock absorbers and struts for RV’s, Cars and Trucks. Performance brands like Bilstein , Rancho, KYB, Fox, Arnott , Safe T Plus and Koni. Steering Stabilzers, Sway Bars, complete, struts, and air and electronic conversion kits .

These do require that you be able to push out the rod on the bottom end of the stock front shocks and the bushing from the top of the rear shocks. You will need the appropriate bushings from Energy suspension (sorry, don't have a quick link available).

My `63 Avanti really likes these.

Ken Buchanan

Comment

Here's the complete interchange list from the SDC home page. I used KYB's but you'll find a few here although the list is getting old. Nothing wrong with Ken's advice from above either.

Bob

Comment

Bob do you have the part numbers for the theKYB shocks front and rear thanks Joe
        Joseph Kastellec

Comment

give Dave Thibeault a call, a great source of parts and information
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by G T Joe View Post
            Bob do you have the part numbers for the theKYB shocks front and rear thanks Joe
            GT

I think this post has the numbers and discussion necessary.

Bob

Comment

Joe,
              Here are my Koni Part Numbers:
              Front 8040-1087
              Rear 8040-1088
              They work superbly AND are fully adjustable to suit your individual driving taste.
              Cheers, Bill

Comment

Working...
              X