Cigar lighter wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cigar lighter wire

I'm giving another shot to asking for a wire with the connector to the lighter for my 1960 Lark VI Regal.

Does anyone have one in good shape they want to sell?

Are you actually going to use that lighter Socket for something?
    If so, it is VERY likely that the tiny hex Nut Fuse on the Lighter is blown, as I rarely find one that is not.
    So if you get the wire with the tiny threaded Connector, it still may not work.

The best bet is, replace the Socket with the modern version of that SAME Brand of lighter Cosco, no one could see any difference from the Front.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, I was planning on using if for 12V power for a USB port for music or device charging.
      I have never seen the wiring set up, just written descriptions, wouldn't whatever fuse in it
      be replaceable, if it was blown?

Comment

You have about as good a chance of winning the Lottery, as finding a tiny hex Nut Fuse! It should be on the back of your Lighter Socket, test it.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by LeoH View Post
          Yes, I was planning on using if for 12V power for a USB port for music or device charging.
          I have never seen the wiring set up, just written descriptions, wouldn't whatever fuse in it
          be replaceable, if it was blown?
          Some sources for 12V outlets here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ighlight=casco

Craig

Comment

Unless you are going to use an actuall cigeret light adaptor, this migh work better for dual USB, and nifty volt meter..

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              Some sources for 12V outlets here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ighlight=casco

Craig
              That sounds like the ticket. I was intending to go original as the simplest route, but this seems to be an easy
              alternative that keeps some original appearance when I don't have a USB plug sticking out of it. :-D

Comment

[QUOTE=SScopelli;1169436]Unless you are going to use an actuall cigeret light adaptor, this migh work better for dual USB, and nifty volt meter../QUOTE]

Hm. That is another option, thanks!

Comment

If not mistaken, I have purchased nut fuses from with Studebaker Intrl. or Dave Thibeault,
                  Mark

Comment

Thank you, good to know.

Comment

Working...
                    X