Left Hand 13/16" Hex Lug Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Hand 13/16" Hex Lug Nuts

I changed wheels on the '51 2R5 truck to a wider GM 15" rim. This required changing to a 13/16" hex lug nut. The right side was no problem, but the left (LH thread) seemed to be unavailable, I was about ready to change the studs to RH when I finally found the LH nuts. I thought that I would pass this along to anyone with a similar issue.

Jim Bradley
    Lake Monticello, VA
    '78 Avanti II
    sigpic

That should be a somewhat common nut as it was used on Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles into the 60's
    james r pepper

Comment

Originally posted by jpepper View Post
      That should be a somewhat common nut as it was used on Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles into the 60's
      I found the LH 3/4" nuts to be readily available, but not the 13/16". They are also very reasonably priced at this site, for us CASOs.
      Jim Bradley
      Lake Monticello, VA
      '78 Avanti II
      sigpic

Comment

NAPA has them in 13/16" LH & RH For Chrysler and Ford Products.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Dorman 611-031...1/2”-20L Thread, 13/16” Hex.

Comment

Anybody's favorite parts shop still have ALL those fabulous orange Dorman drawers?

Comment

Most of the time I have to settle for the orange dorman boxes, cause I have to order some smalls from Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                NAPA has them in 13/16" LH & RH For Chrysler and Ford Products.
                Rich, when the OP first asked, I looked in the Ford parts catalogs, couldn't find anything that matched the criteria.

This is what I found:

L/H lug nuts for the left rear wheel of 1967/79 F350: 9/16" -18 x 21/32" long.

F350 right/left front and right rear use R/H lug nuts.

Comment

The Stude. Studs and Nuts are 1/2 X20 and the Nuts have a 13/16" Wrench Size.

But Dorman/NAPA Nuts are very generic for GM, MoPar and I don't know why they would not be Ford, they fit and are required on the Ford Car Wheels.
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The Stude. Studs and Nuts are 1/2 X20 and the Nuts have a 13/16" Wrench Size.
                    No, the original nuts are 1/2-20 with a 3/4" hex. A 13/16" hex works better with the GM wheels. I thought that I would merely pass along the source that I found, as they have the nuts at a very reasonable price, and there might be other members looking for these.
                    Jim Bradley
                    Lake Monticello, VA
                    '78 Avanti II
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
                      Anybody's favorite parts shop still have ALL those fabulous orange Dorman drawers?
                      Mine does! In an independent auto parts store still in business that opened in 1924.

Comment

You are a lucky man!

Comment

Great online source! Thanks for posting. We live out in the sticks so we order things online a lot.
                          Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Rerun View Post
                            No, the original nuts are 1/2-20 with a 3/4" hex. A 13/16" hex works better with the GM wheels./Cut/
                            Of course they are, I thought we were talking about the REPLACEMENT Nuts for our Studes.

Sorry, but I was answering Bill in Post #8, he needed to know that the reason he can't find these Nuts in his Ford Truck Catalogs is Studebaker used 1/2" X20 Studs & Nuts like Ford CARS, not 9/16 X18.
                            Last edited by StudeRich; 08-17-2019, 11:00 PM.
                            StudeRich
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Of course they are, I thought we were talking about the REPLACEMENT Nuts for our Studes.

Sorry, but I was answering Bill in Post #8, he needed to know that the reason he can't find these Nuts in his Ford Truck Catalogs is Studebaker used 1/2" X20 Studs & Nuts like Ford CARS, not 9/16 X18.
                              But, F100/250's used the same 1/2 -20 lug nuts as the cars (E8AZ-1012-A replaced B-1012). B-1012 dates back to 1932, E8AZ-1012-A is the 1988 replacement part number.

But cars never had a left hand lug nut, only F350 had these and only on the left rear wheel. F350's used larger lug nuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X