Thread: Interesting take on life at 88 years of age.

President Member

Interesting take on life at 88 years of age.

President Member Colgate Studebaker's Avatar
    If that's what works for you, you should do it. Not for me though. I've spent 4 years in America's yacht club and been on 3 cruises with my wife, I'm good for the rest of my life. I still want to "see the USA", hopefully in my Stude. Bill

It would be somewhat like living in a small town. You'd know all the staff after a month or so and there'd always be new people to interact with. It's not for me though. I like to do the steering.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Any idea what it costs to live on a cruise ship for 8 years? Several hundred thousand dollars a year? That seems pretty crazy to me but it's her money so have fun, grandma....
    1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Golden Hawk Member Dick Steinkamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 50Champ View Post
    Any idea what it costs to live on a cruise ship for 8 years? Several hundred thousand dollars a year? That seems pretty crazy to me but it's her money so have fun, grandma....
    In the video, it said she spends $150k a year. I've heard of seniors doing if for half that by taking advantage of sales/deals/repositioning of ships, etc. Of course then you would have to change ships where as the lady in the video doesn't. About the same as a good assisted living facility...and a lot more fun.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Actually it says that she spends about $175,000 per year.

Personally I would have zero interest in doing that myself. But she is my hero because she’s doing exactly what she WANTS to. That’s how I want to be !

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
    In the video, it said she spends $150k a year. I've heard of seniors doing if for half that by taking advantage of sales/deals/repositioning of ships, etc. Of course then you would have to change ships where as the lady in the video doesn't. About the same as a good assisted living facility...and a lot more fun.
    Sounds good to me. After having one grandmother and two mothers in assisted living, It's my opinion that they suck.

President Member
    I agree with Bill & Tom. But as Bob states, she is doing what she wants and really that is all that matters. Personally, for me, it would be like checking into the Hotel California, "you can check out but you can never leave".
    Bill